Thursday, March 13, 2014

Things I Love Thursday


I love getting notes from teachers like this one:

Ms. O'Connor, I'm a 3rd grade teacher at __ School in Irving, Texas. This past Thursday I finished reading How to Steal a Dog to my class. I loved it and have been inspired to make a list of my own…

“How to Know Your Students Love a Book You’ve Read to Them”

1. When they check it out of the library to read it again.
2. When they beg you to keep reading at the end of each chapter.
3. When they keep making connections to it throughout the year. (“Mrs. E, I saw a homeless man and I thought of Mookie!”…)
4. When you hear students call out, “Yes! How to Steal a Dog!” when they see you pick it up.
5. When you  look in their faces and can see their emotions as you read it aloud.
6. When you hear their laughter at the funny parts.
7. When you all feel just a little sad when you read the last words aloud because you didn’t want it to end.

Thank you for a wonderful book!!

1 comment: