Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Kickin' it up a notch

First day of school here in New England. Sigh...

Summer is over.

Sigh...

So, it's time for me to move from lazy, summer-will-last-forever work mode into kickin'-it-up-a-notch work mode.

September goals:

1. Work on (and finish) my presentation for the FAME (Florida Association for Media in Education.) conference in Orlando in October.

2. Work on (and finish) my talk for the Florida division of the International Reading Association dinner in October.

3. FINISH (or come dern near close to it) my work-in-progress (middle grade novel). Currently at page 92.

4. Replace that nasty carpet in the guest room. Oh, wait...how'd that get in there? This blog is about writing.

2 comments:

Kimberley Griffiths Little said...

Just wanted to say "Good Luck!" with all your keynote speeches coming up. That's great. I just emailed with a librarian today for a two day school/public library visit up north where I spoke last spring at the NMLA. (It's a 4 hour drive, but they're putting me up in a hotel for two nights.)It's going to be real $$, too. ;-) Do you write a whole new talk for every venue - like various conferences in education or libraries - or cut and paste so to speak?

Barbara O'Connor said...

Cut and paste, so to speak. :-)

It's so tiime consuming to prepare a talk - I figure why not recycle it if you're talking to different folks, ya know?