Friday, October 24, 2008

My two minutes of fame

Scholastic Book Club is coming to my house this weekend to film me for their Author Video series for How to Steal a Dog.

I am, of course, flattered.

But....a little worried.

First of all - it takes four hours to film a two-minute video.

Second of all, they are bringing a CREW and, um, want something interesting.

A crew?

Interesting?

This is part of the info I received from them:

The best is when we go on location to places that relate to your book. Recently we took an author out on a boat with alligators while another was filmed in a cheese store in NYC.

Uh oh.

What the heck am I going to do?

Me at my desk?

Nah.

Me at my computer?

Nah.

Me watching Judge Judy.

No way.

Me playing my African djembe drum?

I don't think so.

Heating up some Lean Pockets for dinner?

Guess not...

Me with Hello Kitty?

Thanks for the suggestion, Sarah, but I don't think so.

Me stealing a dog?

Hmmmmm.

That might work...

I don't know about this......

At least I got new slippers.

4 comments:

Sara said...

I can't wait to see where they take you.

Hey! Maybe YOUR dog gets to star!

❀ Stacy DeKeyser said...

Congrats, Barbara!! You'll be so famous!

I think you should definitely show them those wicked good slippahs.

Kimberley Griffiths Little said...

That is AWESOME, Barb! I had no idea Scholastic made videos for books. Where do they show it? Give more details!

Barbara O'Connor said...

It is pretty cool. Here's the info they sent:

We produce it for our book fairs to introduce children to
authors/illustrators of some of the more exciting books that they will
encounter on the fair. We send it to all of the schools that host a fair
so it is viewed by as many as 24 million children.