Thursday, January 31, 2013

Things I Love Thursday


I love this little autograph book I had when I was a kid. I got autographs from friends at school, summer camp and the neighborhood.




Here are some of my favorites:

When you get married and you have twins don't come to me for safety pins.

I saw you in the ocean, I saw you in the sea, I saw you in the bathtub. Oops! Pardon me!

You are very cute. You are an angel. Cute as a monkey but sometimes you smell mighty skunky!

You are gold. You will be sold. A boy shall give you a ring, so you will have to sing, and if you do not have twins, you'll have a lot more sins. Roses are red and violets are blue. From your boyfriend I shall sue him 1,000,000 kisses.

Roses are red. Violets are blue. Sugar is sweet and so are you. Barbara is a proper noun. Phrases up, phrases down. Neuter, gender, hopeless case. Object of the monkey race. ~~ Yours till the moon turns blue and yours till the Mississippi has to wear rubbers to keep its little bottom dry.

If I go to heaven before you do, I'll make a hole and pull you through.
Ducks in the pond go quack, quack, quack. And you and Allen H go smack, smack, smack. (Note: I scratched out Allen H and inserted Jerry P)


I climbed up all these stairs to say good-bye.

Roses are red. Violets are blue. Sugar is sweet and so are you. The roses are wilted. The flowers are dead. The sugar is lumpy and so is your head.

Roses are red. Violets are blue. Nobody would like an old maid like you.

1 comment:

proseandkahn said...

I came across a few of mine when I was cleaning out my childhood home. It was fun to flip through, but I tossed them. Almost done clearing 51 years of "stuff" from my mom's home. I resolve to turn my attention to my home containing nearly 28 years of stuff and start clearing...

You must be very organized!

brenda