Monday, November 25, 2013

NCTE Recap


Only one word to say about the NCTE conference in Boston: wow!

I met so many teachers, Twitter friends, Facebook friends, authors, etc. 

I'll let the pictures do most of the talking.


 Kirby Larson, Karen Cushman and I presented a program on Creating Story Worlds. We were so psyched to see such a great group of teachers who came to listen.


It was so nice to see some of our favorite Nerdy Book Club friends right there in the front row. Thanks, pals.)



Afterwards, we celebrated.

(l to r) Karen Cushman, Kirby Larson, Miriam Martinez (panel moderator), Nancy Roser (panel moderator)


 Throughout the conference, I ran into so many teacher friends and had lunch with my pal, Patrick Allen.

(clockwise from top left) Donalyn Miller, Patrick Allen, Colby Sharp, Katherine Sokolowski, Paul Hankins)

(top row l to r) Cindy Minnich, Cynthia Alaniz (bottom l to r) Megan Ginther, Holly Mueller


Karen Terlecky, Kirby Larson and I got to recreate our selfie from NCTE in Orlando in 2010. We haven't changed a bit!


Here we are again:

 


 There was lots of fan girl time with some of my favorite authors.

Karen Cushman

Kirby Larson

Tanya Lee Stone

Deborah Wiles

Linda Urban (and Loree Griffin Burns was there, too. Where'd she go?)

Laurie Halse Anderson

 AND, I scored an Advanced Reader Copy of Laurie's new book. Look what she wrote! Sweet? SWEET! (I'm not sure everyone would agree with that, but I'll take it.)







Special thanks to Colby Sharp and Jenni Holm for hosting the super fun Nerdy Book Club party!

P.S. The only negative: My Cafe Francais (aka according to Kirby: "That evil concoction") spilled into my suitcase. 





4 comments:

Holly Mueller said...

I love it! Great pictures. I'm reading recaps to relive the experience. It was amazing. :-) So glad I could meet you!

Anonymous said...

Great recap, Barbara. Sorry to have missed the pic, and to have missed out on a longer visit, but always happy to see you!

Loree
xo

(This message may be a repeat. I'm technically challenged this morning. NCTE hangover.)

Caroline Starr Rose said...

So, so, so fun to see!

WriterSideUp said...

Attending a future NCTE has become a goal of mine. Of course, first I have to get published! lol

I just get SUCH a kick out of seeing so many smiling faces at such a worthy, valuable event :D It's a "kindred spirit" thing!