Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Smoky Mountain Kitsch

Because I love the Smoky Mountains so much, I collect Smoky Mountain kitsch. (eBay, eBay, how I love thee, eBay...)

I have a Smoky Mountains toothpick holder:















A Smoky Mountain thermometer:










A large collection of Smoky Mountain plates of all colors and sizes (enough to have a smokin' Smoky Mountain dinner party):










But my favorite is this Smoky Mountain musicbox. The song it plays is, what else...On Top of Old Smoky.









I got into a bidding war on eBay for that musicbox...and LOST! I was so devastated, I contacted
the winner and begged, pleaded, threatened, stalked and, finally, paid an obscene amount of money to force her to sell it to me.

Anybody got any Smoky Mountain kitsch you wanna give me? What I want more than anything is a vintage Smoky Mountain tablecloth. (I have a collection of vintage state map tablecloths, but the Smokies would be the bomb....)

No comments: