Saturday, June 15, 2013

Pssst....hey, authors

Like many other authors and illustrators, I'm often asked to donate a signed book of mine for a silent auction or other fundraiser for a worthy cause.

While I can't donate to them all, I do the best I can to help those causes that are particularly close to my heart.

SO, when author Bobbie Pyron organized this wonderful fundraiser to honor the memory of Catherine Violet Hubbard, who lost her life at Sandy Hook Elementary School.....

.....I had a good idea.

I placed a bid on a pretty awesome book.

If I win, I'm going to save it to donate to another fundraiser the next time I'm asked.

Now THAT'S the gift that keeps on giving.

Soooo, if you're so inclined, head on over there and bid on a book. (You have until midnight on June 17.)

 



 

1 comment:

Augusta Scattergood said...

I bid on one, too! But I didn't think about saving it to donate. What a great idea. Now maybe I'll go bid on another one!