Monday, March 16, 2015

The Best School Visit Ever


Want to know how to host the perfect author visit?
Call 1-800-Melanie Roy
She's the amazing librarian at Hampden Meadows Elementary School in Barrington, Rhode Island.
Mrs. Roy and the awesome 4th grade teachers did the most amazing job of preparing the students for my visit.
By the time I arrived, the students had read almost all of my books, worked on some very cool projects, and were super excited about the day.
Here are some of the highlights of my visit there: 

They reserved a parking spot for me! Now, that might not sound like such a big deal to you folks in Florida. But, trust me, when there are mounds of snow everywhere, this is a wonderful gift.


I was greeted with this thoughtful sign.


Students interviewing me for the local newspaper.





They have all of my books displayed throughout the library.


Abby showing me her poster.


Kaleigh dressed as Viola from The Fantastic Secret of Owen Jester.

Grey, Robby, Katherine and Julia interviewed me.



The amazing Mrs. Roy

Mrs. Clegg's class showing me their great posters.
The posters

Me!



Adeline showing me her poster.

Mrs. Mitchell's class showing me their books.

Ms. Myszak's class made these cool character trait projects.

The students discussed my presentation afterwards.

Rayna showing me her poster.

Lindsay showing me her poster.

Mrs. Bailey's class made this great chart about my books.

Colin dressed as Elvis from The Small Adventure of Popeye and Elvis.


Some more thoughts from students about my presentation.

Thank you to students and staff of Hampden Meadows Elementary School.

2 comments:

LLS said...

Thanks for coming to my son's school. He really enjoyed your presentation and he loves your books!

Augusta Scattergood said...

Wow. I'll say! Great school and Best librarian!