Wednesday, April 25, 2007

The evil that is marketing

There's been a discussion among my online writer friends recently about marketing. For the record, I hate it. Loathe it. Despise it. I just want to write. But I also know that if I want to have any success at all in this biz, I have to get out of my jammies and do SOMETHING to market my work.

With that said, I'm still convinced that (for me), the BEST thing I can do for my career is to continue to publish quality books on a regular basis. That's the best use of my time.

Still, I'm willing to crawl out from under my rock long enough to attempt marketing of some sort. I loved a recent blog article over at Shrinking Violet Promotions. My score was 11 Feels Comfortable; 5 Could Get Used To; 10 Uncomfortable; 2 Cold Day in Hell.

No comments: