Monday, September 8, 2008

Progress report

The Short, Sad Life of Tooley Graham

First draft started 9/2/08


P.S. I started to type "Rough draft" but then I realized I hate that word "rough."

Due to the nature of my writing process, my first drafts aren't really too rough. Now, that's not to say they don't need plenty of revision - but I tend to polish a lot as I go along, so I don't think of them as rough.

The storyline is generally rough - but not the actual writing, if that makes sense.

Semantics, I know....but still.....

4 comments:

Sarah Miller said...

Neato! Too bad I'm not working on something new, too -- we could...well, not race, but maybe jog along together.

I wish there was a nifty way to measure revision...

Kimberley Griffiths Little said...

Wow, Barb! I'm so excited to hear this! I LOVE your title, too. (You always have such awesome titles!) Do we get a one-line snippet of the storyline? Please???

Stephanie J. Blake said...

Sounds like you are off to a great start.

So, you edit and polish as you go?

Barbara O'Connor said...

Thanks for the support, guys. I HATE first drafts, so it's great having a cheerleading squad. :-)

Sara: I'd love to race you - I bet I could beat you while drinking a double martini. :-)

Yes, I edit and polish as I go. One of those obsessive types who hates leaving a mess behind.

First line: Owen Jester tiptoed across the gleaming linoleum floor and slipped the frog into the soup.