Monday, March 9, 2009

It only took me 25 years.....

For my 25th wedding anniversary (which is St. Patrick's Day, for those of you who want to send gifts), my husband got me an iPhone.

He just doesn't know it yet.


Of course, I need a manual. I have OMD (Obsessive Manual Disorder).

When I was at the Apple Store, I asked the Young Whippersnapper Baby Salesperson if it came with a manual.

He replied: ???????? [and in his head he was thinking: These old broads are ridiculous.]

So I had to BUY a manual.

Here it is. Only, it took me 30 minutes to figure out why Photobooth on my Mac shows the photo backwards.


I DID figure it out, by the way - it's called "Flip Photo" in the Edit menu, in case you need to know.

I NEED A MANUAL.

11 comments:

Sara said...

It took me awhile to find "Flip Photo" too. Makes me wonder why in the world it's not the default setting?

Yay for 25 years! My own quarter-century celebration will be this August. I'm saving this post in case my husband needs shopping inspiration. :)

Sarah Miller said...

So when are you breaking the news to him?

Barbara O'Connor said...

I'll give him a call. Ha!

Jennifer Thermes said...

Lucky you! And congrats on the 25 years!

I am so inspired... our 20th is coming up this summer... hee hee! ;-)

Elaine Magliaro said...

Barbara,

I rarely understand the manuals that come with electronic devices and other things I purchase. I often find their language confusing--and too verbose.

I hope your husband likes the present he got you.

Happy Anniversary!

My husband and I will celebrate our 40th in July.

Janet, said...

Congratulations on your 25th anniversary. We celebrated our 30th last year. I hate reading long manuals, they are usually so confusing. I'm more of a hands on type person and like to be shown how something works. Hope you enjoy your gift!

Lisa Yee said...

I love my iPhone.

Lennye said...

I'm jealous, for my 25th last week I got comfortable work shoes. (Mind you I thought it was extremely thoughtful and he did throw in a pair of flip flops).

Kirby Larson said...

We got iPhones, too, recently and though I underutilize mine, I do love it. My son-in-law (who knows me too well) steered me to an app that helps you remember where you parked your car.

Not that you would need that, Barbara!

Barbara O'Connor said...

Kirby: I TOTALLY need that!

Karen said...

Look at your learning curve already! You figure it out, and then share the knowledge.
Happy anniversary present to you!