Monday, March 30, 2009

The Perfect Author Visit

I had the PERFECT author visit to Hampden Meadows School in Barrington, Rhode Island.

Librarian Jane Austin did everything right. She could write the book on HOW TO HOST THE PERFECT AUTHOR VISIT.

Many thanks to the fourth grade teachers who worked so hard to prepare the students...

...and to the awesome fourth graders at HMS who read my books, asked great questions, drew great pictures and made me feel so welcome!


Ms. Colangelo's class


Ms. Gaynor's class


Ms. Carroll's class


Ms. Waring's class


Mr. Farley's class


Ms. Couto's class


Ms. Clegg's class


Ms. Gluck's class


Ms. Burrow's class


Ms. Bailey's class


Ms. Williams's class


4 comments:

Janet said...

Congratulations! Wow, that's a lot of classes you spoke to. I bet you had fun.

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for coming to our school. We really enjoyed your examples of how to "show" and not "tell" in your writing! We will be sure to put that into use in our own writing!!
Mr. Farley's class! Barrington RI

Anonymous said...

Dear Mrs O'Connor,
Thank you for coming to HMS I really loved listening to you talk about your books I really enjoyed it you got me to want to be an Author...
Anyways thanks again.
LOVE, Paige from Mrs williams class. P.s. I loved the book how to steal a dog!!

Barbara O'Connor said...

You are welcome, Paige! I loved visiting HMS. And so cool that you want to be an author!