Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Readers Theater Part 1

My readers' theater group, Voices from Down Yonder, gave our first performance at Harding University in Searcy, Arkansas, last weekend.

We had a ball!

The turnout was terrific - loads (literally, busloads!) of kids with their teachers and parents. Such fun!

And I have made good and, I know, lasting friendships with the other authors. (We're all Southern, so we have that soul sister connection.)


My first view of the theater. Gulp.



Our first night of rehearsal.
(l to r) Kathi Appelt, Kimberly Willis Holt, Kerry Madden, Alexandria LaFaye, me



Our amazing scriptwriter and director, Cynthia Seel:


Alexandria wondering what the heck she's doing there:



Kerry Madden practicing her hound dog line:



Cynthia expressing her opinion about how well we're doing:



The view from the stage. Gulp, again.

No comments: