Thursday, April 24, 2008

TLA Part Eight

I know, I know...I'm really dragging this TLA thing out, aren't I?

So, anyway....I leave the Bluebonnet luncheon, smiling and nodding and not talking to anyone because of my hoarse and scratchy voice.

Next up - the publishers' cocktail party at the Hyatt.

ALL the publishers and ALL the authors! Woohoo!

My voice made a comeback and I was able to schmooze with lots of librarians, publishers and authors.

(l to r) Betty Birney, Gennifer Choldenko, Toni Buzzeo

In addition to loads of librarians, I spent time chatting with Linda Sue Park again, Lynne Rae Perkins, whom I met for the first time, fellow FSG author Will Weaver (one word: gentleman), fellow FSG author Mona Kerby (one word: adorable) - and of course, the amazing FSG marketing team of Jeanne McDermott, Director of Marketing, and Katie Halata, Marketing Associate (thanks to Katie for many of these blog pics).

More later....I promise, it's the last one....

No comments: