Friday, November 9, 2007

Feelin' the love

I'm conducting a biography writing workshop with fifth graders at a wonderful school in Canton, MA. This is my fourth year at that school.

These folks are 100% committed to this program and are a joy to work with. And the children reap the rewards by producing terrific biographies of parents and grandparents, experiencing the pleasure of mastering a new skill and "kickin' it up a notch" with their writing.

Yesterday those good folks gave me a birthday party - complete with the best dang cake ever!

I am so feelin' the love!

(Going around table, starting on the left, are: Nancy Mark, Margaret Mansfield, Betsy Persson, Jennifer Henderson, and Jan Chamberlain)

2 comments:

jama said...

Happy Belated Birthday!
How does it feel to be 29?

Barbara O'Connor said...

Thank you, Jama. (And actually, my birthday is TODAY!)

29 feels wonderful (If I remember correctly. ha!)