Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Writing Tip Tuesday

From The Pocket Muse by Monica Wood:

Most good stories, even unconventional ones, contain these classic story elements:

Setup: Three bears go for a walk while their porridge cools.

Complication: Blonde perpetrator breaks in.

Rising Action: Perp chows down, breaks a chair, gets some shut-eye.

Meanwhile: Bears get home and survey the wreckage.

Climax: Discovered in Baby Bear's bed, perp screams and flees.

Denouement: Bears live happily ever after.



Yes, Gusty, this is one of the 145 writing books I own because of you.

4 comments:

Jennifer Thermes said...

Oh my... I'm gonna have to go count my writing books, too... might be adding a new one to my collection...

:-)

Anonymous said...

As a follow-up to your comment to Gusty, this is one of the writer books I own thanks to YOU :).
Kim

Barbara O'Connor said...

Kim - Like you even NEED it! Hope that ms. is gone, baby, gone....

Anonymous said...

Barbara- I do love that little book and am glad you do, too. Oh, and I vote for the red dress. G.