Friday, June 19, 2009

To market, to market....

I just formed a new company:

By-the-Seat-of-Your-Pants-Book-Promoters, Inc.

The days of staying home in your jammies and writing are over (if they were ever here in the first place).

Nowadays, authors have to get out there and participate with their publishers in book promotion.

But, for me, it's HARD!!! (whine, whine, whine.....)

I'm not very good at it - but I try to learn by watching others.

My two favorite book promoters/marketing mavens are my friends, Mitali Perkins and Grace Lin.

I've decided that I'm going to stalk them.

I'm going to watch their every move.

And then I'm going to copy them.

I'm in awe of Grace's hard work promoting her beautiful (three-starred-reviews so far) new book, Where the Mountain Meets the Moon.

I was fascinated to see that to help prepare for her online book launch, she made a little drawing!!

So I made a little drawing!!


Now I have to go bake sugee cookies.

(But I wish she would stop decorating cupcakes. I hate decorating cupcakes.)

5 comments:

Grace Lin said...

You can do it! I'll bring the cupcakes so you don't have to decorate them!

The Many Face of Larry said...

I love reading your books....
I love reading your blog....
I wish you were my best friend....
You are tooooo funny...

Barbara O'Connor said...

Well, dang, WEBS Wingate you can totally be my best friend! (Can you help Grace decorate cupcakes?)

Kirby Larson said...

I hope you are serving Yoo-Hoo at your book events or, better yet, teaching people how to make their own boats!

Janet said...

Looks like you're going to have fun marketing. I love the title 'Where the Mountain Meets the Moon.' I'll have to check out their sites.