Friday, June 5, 2009

Bird's nests

I love to collect things.

I collect state map tablecloths...

...and engraved baby cups...

...Smoky Mountain memorabilia...

...and bird's nests.

My collection isn't very large because, well, how often do you find a bird's nest? (And I don't think you can buy them on eBay.)

(That monkey playing the saxophone is a candleholder. Isn't he cute?)



(That gavel was given to me by my family because of my obsession with Judge Judy.)



I haven't found one in a long time.

Yesterday, while walking my dog, I found one!



I take that as a good sign. (I'm superstitious like that.)

3 comments:

Tricia said...

Have you seen these handmade nests?
Mama Roots. My sister collects nests, so I got her one yellow and one blue set. They come cutely packed in a "take-out" box with beautiful wooden eggs. They're not real, but lovely just the same.

Anonymous said...

Judge Judy and birds' nests--you are a person after my own heart. I also have paper wasp nests--gorgeous--all over my office.

Barbara O'Connor said...

Thanks, Tricia! Those are beautiful.

And Karen, a Judge Judy lover! We are soul sisters.