Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Wanted....

...one candelabrum.

See that candle holder? The one with the black shade and the three candles? The one nestled in there among the whiskey bottles?

I want it.

I need it.

I must have it.








I have looked and looked and looked.

It is called a bouillotte candelabrum.

I cannot find it.

It must NOT be electric.

I know this has nothing whatsoever to do with writing, but, hey, I just thought I'd give it a try.

Actually, I did find one once in an antique store. It went down like this:

Snotty lady: May I help you?

Me: Yes. I'm interested in this bouillotte candelabrum. [ha! She didn't think I'd know that term.]

Snotty lady: Oh? Really?

Me: How much is it?

Snotty lady: Let me check this big expensive leather book I have on my 15th century mahogany desk.

Me: Okay, but make it snappy. My driver is waiting outside. [Naw, I didn't really say that. But I should have.]

Snotty lady: It's $5500.

Me:

Snotty lady: Shall I wrap it up for you?

Me: Um, let me think about it.

So - I need to find a bouillotte candelabrum for less than $5500. Preferably less than $3300. Preferably less than $1000. Preferably less than.....

No comments: