Thursday, May 15, 2008

Gardens and Liars

I've had a couple of perennial gardens for almost 19 years.


Last fall, we had some new walls put in.

Me to Wall Guy: I'm concerned about my flower gardens.

Wall Guy to Me: Oh, Mrs. O'Connor, you don't have a thing to worry about. I'm always very careful and never ever destroy gardens.

Me to Wall Guy: Liar liar pants on fire


Me to Wall Guy: $#%&

So now I'm starting from scratch, which is actually fun (as long as I have plenty of money and Motrin).

Happy Birthday to Willy.

2 comments:

Jennifer Thermes said...

Oh man, that is heartbreaking! But I can see it being fun starting from scratch, too. It's not like a garden is ever really finished, anyway! Enjoy. :-)

Karen said...

You're right -- he lied! But in the last picture, it looks like the plans are well on the way to another beautiful garden! Your wildflowers were amazing!