Wednesday, July 7, 2010

The Case of the Missing Apple Dapple Cake


I make this really good cake called Apple Dapple.

The last time I made it, I saved half and put it in the freezer.

Over the weekend, I took it out of the freezer.

I heated it up and gave my husband a piece of warm Apple Dapple Cake.

From there, my memory is a blank.

Him (the next day): Where's the Apple Dapple cake?

Me:

Him: Did you put it back in the freezer?

Me:

Him: I didn't see it in the refrigerator.

Me: *jumps out of chair and dashes to kitchen* I think I left it in the oven.

Me: *opens oven door* Hmmmm, not here.

I looked in cupboards and basement frig and microwave. I even looked in the garbage.

Him: What's that thing wrapped in foil in the frig?

Me: *takes a peek* ribs

Him: Then where is the cake?

Me: I have no idea. I think I'm losing my mind.

Next day, after much thinking, I decided to take another peek at that foil-wrapped thing in the frig.

Heh.

APPLE DAPPLE CAKE!

But it DOES look a little like ribs, doesn't it?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL. Mystery solved.

A yummy cake with a fun name. Try saying it five times really fast, LOL.

Augusta Scattergood said...

My first thought would have been The Dog Ate It...
Then again, my dogs were counter surfers.

devin said...

you know what i love about your writing? you take the smallest thing and make it into a story. i do this, too, but in my head....not on paper! you're amazing.