Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Who knew?

I'm working on copyedits (copy-edits? copy edits?) for my next highly intellectual and extremely classy book: The Small Adventure of Popeye and Elvis.

Who knew toe-jam is a hyphenated word?

Who knew swearwords is one word?

Who knew that if you call someone a skinny-headed ding-dong, you have to hyphenate ding-dong?

Who knew that when you say, "Oh, for criminy's sake" - criminy is not spelled with an "e."

Who knew tar paper is two words - or

Headlocks is one word - or

Chicken-wire is hyphenated.

I told you this book is highly intellectual and extremely classy.

5 comments:

Jules at 7-Imp said...

"Swearwords" is one word? Who knew?

This is my fun fact for today!

Unknown said...

Who knew that when I edited my book, Beyond Retelling I read the entire book backwards outloud sentence by sentence????? doing what you are doing. WHO DOES THAT? I do not like editing. "Good luck with that!" is my son's response to tasks such is these!...... my punctuation is totally wrong. Good thing my writing is not book bound. lol. www.debrennersmith.com

Bill said...

I didn't know, but it sounds like this book is speaking my language!It sounds like a lot of fun already.

Karen said...

Criminy -- it sounds like a whole lot of fun!!

Mary Lee said...

I'm with Bill and Karen--just those few words have piqued my interest more than a plot summary? (who knew that piqued was spelled with a qu and not an eak?)