Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Never Steal a Dog

Like most writers, I get asked often to donate books for various fundraising events. And like most writers, I don't have a warehouse full of free books in my backyard. So, like most writers, I have to say "no" once in a while. (Hey, you writers out there - you do say "no" once in a while, right? Don't tell me I'm the only stingy tightwad in the world....)

But recently I was asked to donate a copy of How to Steal a Dog to a fundraiser for the Animal Protective Foundation. Children were going to be writing essays and making posters about being kind to animals and winning books for a prize. Now, we all know I would surely burn for eternity if I said no to THAT. And being the animal lover I am, well, of course I had to donate a book.

I mean, I dare you to say no to this:













Or how about saying no to this (his name is Romeo, by the way):













And here are the winners:



No comments: