Wednesday, December 3, 2008

S-T-R-E-S-S

We decided it was time to finally get rid of our dinosaur television.


It seemed like a good idea at the time.

Quandary number one: Do we listen to my husband and put the tv on the wall....


Or do we listen to me and leave it on the tv stand so all the hideous wires show and now I might have to admit I was wrong?



Quandary #2:

Somewhere along the line, I was appointed Person-Who-Deals-With-All-Things-Electronic.

So, me being the manual-reading type, I get out this ridiculous excuse for a manual, which is titled Quick Setup Guide (but they left out Step #1, which is "Get an engineering degree from M.I.T").



Then I stare at this for a while:


And then I stare at this for a while:


And then I have these three cables that go, um, where???


And in the meantime, I'm trying to go through the first-pass galley of The Small Adventure of Popeye and Elvis.


2 comments:

Lisa Yee said...

We traded up from our whale-TV to a big ol' flat screen a couple months ago.

Hubby still does not know how to turn it in.

Karen said...

As always, I love, love, love your pictures!!
This must be the season for trading in old, clunky TVs for new, flat screen types. We are a week behind you. Best of luck with that manual. I can still rely on my youngest, a teenager, who knows no fear when it comes to electronics.