Wednesday, January 7, 2009

My weird day

Okay, so here's my weird day.

I was scheduled to do a writing workshop in a town that is about an hour and a half away.

The weather forecast was grim.

They were right.



My husband and son got up at 4 a.m. to head to the airport for their flight to FLORIDA. (Talk about NO FAIR!)

I was up at 4:30.

By 5:30 - showered, dressed, made up, fueled with coffee, ready to go.

Phone rings.

Two-hour school opening delay - which flubbed up the schedule of the workshop.

Now rescheduled for tomorrow.

So I got back in my jammies. Grabbed another cup of coffee. Whistled for the dogs. Got back in bed - TO WRITE!

Woohoo!


But I'd rather be in Florida. (Although I just got a message from my son who says they are still on the tarmac two hours later and being offered complimentary water. Heh....)

5 comments:

Sarah Miller said...

That's one of the best author photos I've seen in a long time. (It's not terribly different from how I look right now, either.) Next time FSG wants a new flap photo...

Jennifer Thermes said...

I think we should all get together on the next snow day and post our sweatpant/PJ photos!

Kirby Larson said...

I've been doing it all wrong! All this time, I've been getting dressed before I sit down at the computer.

Sarah Miller said...

What? Don't you know the rules, Kirby?

Karen said...

How comfy do you look?!!