Tuesday, January 19, 2010

ALA Midwinter Conference

Had a great time at the ALA conference on Saturday.

(l to r) Cindy Lord, Tamra Wight, me, Valerie Giogas, Julia Lord



FSG hosted a wonderful luncheon for me:

(left side, front to back) Cathie Mercer (Simmons College's Center for the Study of Children's Literature), Rick Margolis (School Library Journal), Lauren Wohl (Associate Publisher FSG/Roaring Brook/First Second), Ed Spicer of Michigan Reading Journal and Spicy Reads, Margaret Ferguson (publisher, editorial director, FSG), Wendy Lukehart, chair of ALA 2010 preconference

(right side, front to back) Simon Boughton's arm (Publisher FSG. Sorry, Simon!), Marie Orlando, Eliza Dresang (University of Washington), Andrea Vaughan (Brooklyn Public Library), Betsy Bird (Fuse #8)



Roger Sutton interviewing Lois Lowry:




Tamra Wight (left) and me (holding my book for the original Yoohoo boat maker)



4 comments:

Kimberley Griffiths Little said...

Love the pictures, Barb, you are all so dang cute! Wish I could have been there with you!

Linda Urban said...

I so loved meeting you Barbara. Hope there are lots more photo ops for us in the future!

Anonymous said...

Three of my favorite people in the world with you in that last picture, Barbara! Hope to get to meet you in person one day too.

Anonymous said...

Shucks, I took advantage of the lovely day and spent most of it in the Public Garden, Beacon Hill and the Boston Public Library. Sorry I missed saying hello.

Brenda