Thursday, January 28, 2010

My eggshell trophy

So the other day I was at my friend's house. She is one of those people who can make anything out of anything. We love to tease her ruthlessly (and do) about saving the weirdest things in case she needs them to make something.

When I noticed washed out eggshells by her sink, I said, "What are you going to do with those?"


Her: I don't know. I thought I might be able to use them for something.

So, of course, I thought that was hilarious and teased her. (But she's a wonderful sport about it. Reason #458 why I love her.)

Two days later, after I told her my news about the option for The Fantastic Secret of Owen Jester, she showed up at my door with THIS:

A little eggshell trophy:


How can you not ADORE a friend like that?!

8 comments:

Linda Urban said...

You cannot not adore a friend like that. I adore her, even, and I don't know her name.
Congrats, Barbara! On the trophy and on all the other great news.

Anonymous said...

How cool is that? Another reason not to throw anything away. One does need a healthy dose of creativity though. I don't have it, so I will continue throwing mine away. My grandmother crushed hers and put them in her garden.

Congratulations btw, on the film and the friend.

Brenda

TamraW said...

Horray for Owen's option and for the trophy.

What a creative, awesome friend!! I don't think I'll be able to crack another egg without smiling at the thought of it.

Anonymous said...

Wow. What a gift!
G.

Anonymous said...

Some people show love in the most amazing ways! It is just fabulous! Did she vote for the dress? JAZ

Anonymous said...

Well here's the scoop: I was only going to write WOW & CONGRATS in crushed eggshells on a card but when I Googled "images" of B and found she'd already done the work for me, how could I not make a trophy with those hilarious glamourpuss shots? Go Owen Jester!

Leslie Guccione

Kimberley Griffiths Little said...

That is STUNNING! I ADORE your friend, too!

And CONGRATULATIONS, BARBARA, ON THE FILM OPTION!!! That is FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so happy for you and proud to know you.

xoxo,
K.

Kirby Larson said...

What fun! Don't you love creative friends? And what fabulous news. . .but we want details! Who gets to play you? ;-)