Monday, January 4, 2010

Decade recap

Okay, I've been inspired by others who have recapped their accomplishments over the last decade.

In the last ten years I have:

Visited 181 different schools

Done 1526 PowerPoint presentations

Answered the question: What's your favorite book? 1432 times

Published 7 books (all with the same editor)

Had books nominated for children's book awards in 34 different states

Received 13 starred reviews

Had the same fabulous literary agent (Barbara Markowitz), the same fabulous publisher (FSG) the same fabulous editor (Frances Foster) and the same fabulous booking agent (Zade Eduational Partners)

Visited England, France, Italy, Belgium, the Netherlands and Ireland

Visited South Carolina, North Carolina, Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana, Texas, Arkansas, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Iowa, Florida, Arizona, New Mexico, Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine, Rhode Island, Connecticut, and New York

Drunk 7304 cups of fake coffee

Attended NCTE, ALA, TLA, IRA, MLA, but luckily not AA

Done 2080 loads of laundry

Watched my son graduate from high school and college

Watched my husband restore 8 cars (give or take a few)

Watched 1400 episodes of Judge Judy

Returned 31 pairs of jeans bought online

Learned to play African djembe drums

Attended a racing pigeon auction

Used a jackhammer

Met 456 children's authors (okay, I made that number up, but, close....)

Okay, I'm tired....

2 comments:

Tricia Springstubb said...

I review for the Cleveland Plain Dealer, whose editor asked me to do a piece on five middle grade novels I really enjoyed this year. Popeye and Elvis--couldn't wait to spread the word on them! I loved every minute of this book, and especially the voice. I'm such a fan.
(By the way, I write for this age, too, and HaprperCollins is bringing my IT HAPPENED ON FOX STREET out this fall).

Barbara O'Connor said...

Tricia: Thank you so much! You made my day.

And many congratulations on your new book. I'll be looking for it. Love the title.