Friday, April 25, 2008

TLA Part Nine

Okay, so....after yammering, yakking, schmoozing, chattering, and otherwise TALKING the livelong day.....my voice is now......GONE.

I. mean. gone.

The brilliant marketing team of FSG has organized a fabulous dinner with me, two other authors, and six librarian/book folks - and all I can do is WHISPER to them!

I felt like a cross between this:

And this:

But, pioneer woman that I am, I soldiered on and forced myself into the limo to go to the fabulous restaurant to eat fabulous food with fabulous people.

(l to r) Jeanne McDermott (FSG Director of Marketing), Katie Halata (FSG Marketing Associate), me, author Mona Kerby, Sylvia Vardell (Professor Texas Women's University), Rose Trevino (Youth services coordinator; Houston Public Library), Jeana Actkinson (librarian; Bridgeport High School; past YART chair)


Mona, Katie, Jeanne, Sylvia


Jeanne reminding Mona and Katie to stop having so much fun



Mary Jo Humphreys (left) and I taking a picture of ourselves. Mary Jo is TALS Chair.


Rose Trevino, Houston Public Library; Chair of the 2009 Newbery committee

No comments: